Please sign in to post.

DB German Rail STRIKE - update -

I promised to post an update on the situation tonite: Today's round of negotiations is completed and there will be a next one held on July 13th. The labor unions reserve the right to cause some smaller service interruptions but said they would give a 24 hours advance warning. So expect no delays on Monday and probably not even Tuesday. In addition just as a reminder: Tomorrow is the start of the construction works at the S-Bahn tracks around Frankfurt airport. Some S-Bahns will depart and arrive at the long-distance train station, some will bypass the airport completely. There will be replacement bus shuttles between the airport and the main train station downtown.

Posted by
473 posts

Thanks Andreas. Always good to get up-to-date info.

Posted by
2779 posts

It now looks like there's gonna be a systemwide strike (i.e. complete interruption of all services from ICE to S-Bahn) Tuesday from 8am to 11am. The backlog will most certainly take until the very late afternoon to be dissolved. Probably a day one should avoid taking trains...

Posted by
2779 posts

So the news have it that there will be no further strike actions and service interruptions until Friday when the parties will meet again for their next round of negotiations.

Posted by
2779 posts

So we've had almost a full week without any service interruptions. Today's negotiations have failed and the parties have agreed to postpone the discussions until July 19th. So far it is assumed that no service interruptions should occur until then. As usually I'll keep the audience of this forum posted.

Posted by
2779 posts

The engineers' union has announced that there shall be no service interruptions until July 22nd.

Posted by
2779 posts

The engineers' union have aborted today's negotiations and called them as failed. They're now going to hold a strike ballot. The results are expected for the first week of August. Intil then there will be no service interruptions.