Please sign in to post.

Charles de Gaulle Airport

I arrive on American in Terminal 2A at 8:45 a.m. and need
to check in at EasyJet in Terminal 2B by 10:45 a.m. Assuming I arrive on time does this seem doable with immigration, picking up luggage and customs??

Posted by
8700 posts

You need to allow up to an hour to go through immigration/passport control and retrieve your luggage. So if you arrive on time, this is doable. You'll have an additional hour (09:45-10:45) to check-in.

However, if your flight is late, you run the risk of missing easyJet's check-in deadline. If you don't have a boarding pass in hand when that deadline arrives, your ticket will be worthless and you'll have to buy a new one at full fare on a later flight.

Posted by
8 posts

As another strategy, do you think EasyJet would let us on the 11:25 a.m. flight if we booked a later flight but were able to make it to the gate to get our boarding passes in time....if there were seats on the flight.

Posted by
9100 posts

I doubt Easyjet will let you do this, and if they do they will make you pay a fare difference. Their fares go up almost everyday as the plane fills up, if there are any empty seats leftover on the day of departure, they will want to sell them at a high price....it's part of their business model.

Posted by
1167 posts

I would book the later flight. Two ours is pretty tight without having to go through immigration, pick-up bags, change terminals and recheck luggage. If you miss your Easy Jet flight you will probably have to buy a new ticket, assuming there are even seats available. Give yourself time to have a have a coffee, use the ATM, etc.