Please sign in to post.

Cell phone charger adapters

My daughter is leaving for Germany and France. We purchased a temporary phone for her to use, however they also sent along 3 different adapters for the charger. We have no idea which to use. I am trying to send only what she needs along with her. Can anyone help me out

Posted by
354 posts

If you want to charge the telephone in an interior electrical outlet, Germany and France both require the Continental-style adapter. The ungrounded model has two round pins side-by-side, which insert into the wall outlet.

You mentioned packing light, but if your daughter is also bringing an mp3 player, digital camera, laptop computer, etc., plus if any room-mates bring these items, you might consider using a power strip. Wall outlets can sometimes be scarce, and this would let your daughter and room-mates charge everything at one time, using only the one adapter.

Posted by
6 posts

Everyone who answered, thank you. I know nothing about most of these gadgets. The gentleman from CA, the website was a great help, since she is stopping in London for a while she does need one of the the other adapters. One of the ones they sent however does not show up for any of the countries.

Posted by
10344 posts

This is a FAQ on this forum

go here for the prior discussions