Please sign in to post.

Lodging in Colmar

Looking for a Rick Steves' special -- Inexpensive, nice and with lots of personality. Can anyone help?

Posted by
6 posts

Spent several days in December in Colmar in 2005. Stayed at the Hotel Turenne (www.turenne.com) and can absolutely recommend it. Two stars, short walk to the "old town", good service, filling breakfast, nice and comfortable rooms--all for a reasonable price. Enjoyed our stay there and in Colmar. Lovely city and only a short train trip to Strasbourg, if you're so inclined.

Posted by
10 posts

Anybody stayed in Hotel Rapp or Chez Leslie B&B in Colmar?

Thanks,
Meetu

Posted by
104 posts

Spent a couple of nights at the Hotel Rapp in 2003. I was nice enough but it happened to be very hot during our stay and no A/C or fan, and of course, no screens in the windows. It was well located to everything that you would want to see. One thing to keep in mind. We were there on May Day which also happened to be a Sunday. So, not much was open and very few restaurants open either. So, if you're there on an official holiday and/or a Sunday, keep the limited offerings in mind.

Happy Travels

John

Posted by
2 posts

I stayed in Hotel Rapp in 2002, and it was OK, but not a great place. Very plain, and no personality. I would look for another place to stay, if possible.

Posted by
203 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Rapp. It's not exciting (who cares?), but it's well located and the breakfast was good.