Please sign in to post.

Sunday In London

My wife and I will be taking a trip to England and France about the middle of September. At this point, we are scheduled to spend Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in London, and then take the Eurostar to Paris on Monday Morning. I'm wondering about Sunday in London. Is London "closed" on Sunday? Are the usual tourist attractions and museums open? And what about the pubs and restaurants?
I can always change our schedule so that our stay in London is Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, with the Eurostar trip to Paris on Sunday. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Posted by
525 posts

My husband and I were in London on a Sunday last June. Unless something has changed from a year ago, the museums are open as well as pubs and other sites. We went to the Tower of London. Be sure to get your two for one coupons for the Tower of London and other sites.

Posted by
518 posts

We were in London on a Sunday last July. We asked at our hotel, and they suggested we go to the Jewish sector. It was very interesting. We stayed there 4 or 5 hours just looking around. We bought some great pastries and cookies. It was a fun day.
In reference to the Tower of London in the prior post, you can buy tickets with a specific entrance time on the internet and not have to wait in line. That saved us at least an hour.

Posted by
8 posts

You can do a walking tour of London with "London Walks" at www.walks.com. They have many walks on Sunday. We took the Jack the Ripper walk, which was fascinating and we saw a part of London that we would have missed on our own. They are highly recommended.

Posted by
118 posts

Hi Jim ! We took the Thames cruise to Hampton court on a Sunday. As we cruised along some of the towns were having fairs, town folk were all out enjoying their Sunday along the river, feeding swans.. jogging..having picnics..waving to us on the boat! It was a great day.