Please sign in to post.

transportation in Florence

I will be arriving in Florence at the airport. Need suggestions on how to get to apt.near the Uffizi Gallery.
Bus, Train or Taxi?

Posted by
3112 posts

Taxi is the most convenient but more expensive option. Cost is 20 euro plus 1 euro per bag. That is the Monday-Saturday price to hotels in the city center. You would need to confirm that the same rate applies if going to an apartment. Shuttle bus to the train station is 4.50 euro per person, and walk to the Uffizi area from the station is about 20 minutes. Train is not an option.

Posted by
7 posts

It is true that the train is not an option. I struggled with the buses while I was there unless you ask the bus driver to help you know where your stop is. I had a hard time reading the stop names in time, unless you have help. You can always ask them to drop you off off a little farther from the city center because just getting through the busy streets adds a lot of time and money if you walk a little with your luggage.

Posted by
253 posts

Have a map of Firenze handy, with your destination circled, and point to it as you ask the bus driver if he goes there. He will tell you which bus does if his does not. Works for taxis too.