Please sign in to post.

One Special Night in Paris!

My family of 5 (17, 21, and 23 year olds) have 1 night in Paris before we depart back to the states. Would love to make it special, any suggestions?

Posted by
277 posts

Difficult to suggest since interests vary. Everything in Paris is a wonderful place to see. You do not give specifics: what time do you arrive and depart. Therefore, the following: Batobus HOHO boat along the Seine. Stops at eight sightseeing destinations. review their web site for specifics. Eiffel tower at 8 PM lights up for 20 minutes. Check time.

Posted by
10 posts

We arrive in Paris from Venice at 11:00am. We are looking for a late afternoon thru evening experience. Food and entertainment a high priority. I looked into the cruise on Siene, dinner at Eiffel and Moulin Rouge, but didn't know if that was a tourist trap or worth the money.

Posted by
10229 posts

I would plan a night time Seine cruise. I wouldn't bother with the expensive dinner cruise. The hop on/hop off Batobus (boat bus) is great during the day as a way to get around, but it generally stops running before it gets dark. The boats depart near the Eiffel Tower. After dark the tower lights up, and the lights twinkle for ten minutes or so at the top of each hour. It is magical. Paris is not known as the City of Lights for nothing! Have a fantastic trip. We took our 20 year old to Paris for 10 days over the holidays and she fell in love with it. Too bad you don't have more time.

Posted by
10 posts

Great Idea Andrea, I will plan on it. Love the idea of skipping the "rushed" part of the dinner and show. I think we'll just split it up on our own.

Posted by
10229 posts

Laurie, have you or your children been to Paris before? If not, you might want to look into the hop on/hop off bus for the daytime. It would at least show you the major sites. You see a lot from the river (Batobus) but you would see more from the HOHO bus. I still recommend the river cruise for at night. What month will you be traveling in?

Posted by
10 posts

My older daughter and my husband and I have been to Paris. We are traveling mostly in Italy but will be ending our trip in Paris in August.

Posted by
10229 posts

In August you should definitely cruise the river, both day and night. A portion of the right bank is transformed into a beachy area, complete with trucked in sand, etc. At night people are dancing (I think on the left bank) and it is really cool!

Posted by
10 posts

Sounds like a great Plan, dancing thru the night...fall into bed and then head back to Los Angeles!