Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Paris

We will be staying in Paris two nights. There will be six of us. One room with two adults and one room with 2 adults and 2 teenaged girls.... when I look on line many hotels only have up to "triple" rooms. If you have stayed in Paris, can you recommend the best district and any hotels we should check for availability? Thanks!

Posted by
2023 posts

We have stayed in various locations in Paris and a hotel we return to often is Hotel des Grandes Ecoles. It is in the Latin Quarter and walking distance to Notre Dame and lots of restaurants. This hotel is converted from two old school buildings with a courtyard/garden area between the buildings. It is very secure and entry is gated. Can't comment on the room requirements for your group but it is a lovely hotel and very popular with British and Americans visiting Paris.

Posted by
11507 posts

Sara,, it is hard to find rooms for four,, but not impossible.It is not your imagination, many hotels do not even have them.. the rooms are so small that even triples are wall to wall beds. I don't know what your budget it,, but you may want to consider 3 doubles.. or two triples( is other adult couple willing to take a teen?)

However, thats not to say you won't find a quad. You haven't given a budget so it will be harder for people to make suggestions you can use.

I usaully book only singles or doubles so will not be much help,, and I usually book directly with hotel, but, why not go on a booking site like Venere, and use their search engine to find quads, you can at least then get names of hotels and find their own websites to compare prices with Veneres.

Most first timers like to stay central, so any arrondissmont numbered from 1-7( which would be 75001-75007 code in address) . I like 5th and 6th best.

I would consider

Posted by
5 posts

I would try the Hotel Familia, My family has stayed there many times and has liked it very much. Good price and very safe, and close to everything. In the Latin Quarter.

Posted by
1455 posts

Sara
Have you considreed an apartment??
For the price of a triple room, you can get a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment, full kitchen and some have washer (but not always a dryer).

Posted by
41 posts

Sara,

I agree with Michelle that you should check out an apt. Try vacationinparis.com.

Posted by
2 posts

You are best advised to stay away from usaparis.com as well as their other shells - imarketers.net and usavacationhomes.net. They misrepresent their properties, lie on their websites and on the phone, and their contracts are basically illegal. They also post fake positive reviews - they are definitely not the place for apartment rentals in Paris.

Posted by
515 posts

I checked into an apartment last summer, but the ones I found required a three night stay.

Posted by
149 posts

Hi Sara, I agree with Susan from Atlanta about the Hotel des Grandes Ecoles; nice rooms with a wonderful courtyard, plenty of restaurants nearby, and Rue Mouffetard for shoping and eating and the street market. Short walk to the Pantheon, Luxenberg Gardens, Notre Dame, etc., and good metro and bus connections. Their website lists rooms for four.

Posted by
108 posts

I stayed near Tour Eiffel, Trocadero and it was brilliant. I stayed in an apartment that I rented and given the price of hotels, I guess for a group of 6 an apartment rental would be cheaper, it even cuts down restaurant expenses since you can cook in your apartment.