Please sign in to post.

EURAIL

I'll arrived in Vienna airport(VIE) on May 14 at 10.10am. and want to catch train to Salzburg and spend 3 nights (14 to 16) then on 17th. go to Interlaken spend 17 to 18 night there then on the 19th. back to VIE to 21 to catch flight on May 22. If I buy Eurail 6 nights 3 country (I may want to hop to Prague at Salzburg) or do I need 4 countries? because the train may cross Germany. Can you check whether my itinerary work or do I have to buy different rail?. Do they have train from Salburg to Interlaken leaving in early morning 17th.? and from Interlaken morning to Vienna. If all OK can I buy Eurorail or whatever you recommended from Rick Steves website.

Thanks,
Andy.

Posted by
427 posts

in salzburg try pension elisabeth rates from 33-49 euros. 10 min.from train station, and a five minute bus ride to the old city.cheapest rates in the whole town. you need a pass that covers austria,switzerland,germany, and prague. so a 3 country pass would be fine with the purchase of a point to point ticket to prague. yes there is a early morning train from salzburg but it involves several changes. go www.bahn.de to get details on all your journeys. the trip from interlaken to vienna is about 14 hrs.