Please sign in to post.

Paris to Chamonix

Apologies if this question has been asked tons of times before, but I went back many pages, and did not see anything that caught my eye.

I am planning on going to Chamonix in early September for a weekend trip and decided to check out the sncf site to get an idea for what times the trains leave (I inputted July for my test days). However, only one time option kept coming up, saying that it left Paris at 11pm? Is this true? Are there only overnight train available to and from Chamonix?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted by
4 posts

ahhh! Thank you! I was really beginning to panic, thinking my whole schedule was being thrown around, and what was i going to do, yadda yadda. I guess I will just have to be patient then, and wait for June 11th to make my reservations. :)

Thanks for your help!

Posted by
437 posts

There are plenty of departures all day according to bahn.de, but I can't make the SNCF site work well today either. Whatever time I request, it only shows one departure nearest that time, and when I select trains suivants, nothing happens. You can keep putting in new times, but if you are just checking times, go to www.bahn.de and you will see all of the possibilities.

Posted by
8700 posts

Your problem is that you entered a date too far in advance on the SNCF site. New timetables will go into effect in mid June and not all of them have been loaded on the site yet. If you enter a date in early July, you'll see complete timetables. If you enter a date near the end of July, you won't.