Please sign in to post.

Thalys Booking Help

I cannot seem to book tickets on Thalys using my VISA. It seems there is a Europe Visa and they will not accept USA issued Visa. Am I doing something wrong? I had no problem booking Eurostar tickets. Any suggestions.

I cannot seem to book tickets on Thalys using my VISA. It seems there is a Europe Visa and they will not accept USA issued Visa. Am I doing something wrong? I had no problem booking Eurostar tickets. Any suggestions.

I cannot seem to book Thalys train tickets with my VISA. It keeps getting rejected. I had no problem with Eurostar tickets.

Posted by
102 posts

This happened to me a couple of months ago. I had to call my Visa CC company and let them know it was me trying to make the charge. It was denied by the CC company due to the fact that they thought it was fraud, but Thalys didn't tell me that, I discovered it by chance. I hope that helps. It took me off & on a week to get our tickets booked as there was always something I didn't know that I had to learn to make our tickets work. You can PM me if my experience may help. Good luck.

Posted by
191 posts

I had a problem like this and after calling the credit card company, advising to expect a charge from Thalys, it still failed, I think due to a cookie set by Thalys on my computer. I used a second card successfully but only after calling the card company first to expect the charge. ... and these are good deals so worth pursuing.

Posted by
368 posts

Thanks for the replies. I got through with a Mastercard and got a fare Brussels to Paris for 29 euros. I also called VISA and told them about my travels and they indeed were watching and blocking some of my transactions. I was looking at booking from Paris to Amsterdam and Thalys offered no low fares(rental car on hold); however I found cheap Paris to Antwerp (34) and then Antwerp to Rotterdam (20). From there I will catch an IC to Utrecht, my intended city. It is worth the time to figure it out. Thanks again