Please sign in to post.

Dinner Cruise in Paris

Has anyone taken the evening dinner river cruise(s) in Paris? Your opinions, especially given their high costs? Recommendations?

Posted by
24 posts

I was also contemplating the dinner cruise but ultimately decided against it. I was originally looking into it because I wanted the experience of being on the Seine at night and seeing the attractions lit up from that vantage point. I have decided to take the Bateaux Parisian cruise which has a 1 hour sightseeing cruise during the night time. It works for me especially at the price of 11 euros per person.

Posted by
215 posts

One of the most romantic nights I can remember. Dinner was very good, plus dancing to an orchestra with the city of Paris all lit up outside the glass windows.. and then seeing the light show of the Eiffel Tower... for us it was worth every penny. All the trinkets we bought that trip are long gone, the clothing faded, the souvenir cups chipped.. However, memories of that night live on.

If you are a romantic, and can afford it... do it. I am so happy we did.

Posted by
3313 posts

You can get the same views at night by taking the cruise without dinner. Most people who are on the dinner cruises are there because it's part of their tour package. No one has ever come here to rave about the meal they were served.

Save the money and eat in a good cafe before you take the cruise.

Posted by
265 posts

I must agree with Doug. We had a great dinner at some Bistro ( Just pick one, I didn't have a bad meal in Paris ). And then we went on the river cruise. Try to get a spot outside on the boat, the views of Paris from the boat on a clear night are beautiful. ENJOY!

Posted by
1850 posts

Instead of the cruise, we bought Batobus tickets which are good all day or you can buy a two day pass. It's a hop-on hop-off boat which travels in a continuous loop on the Seine from the Eiffel Tower to the Marais. I think you can take a picnic on board if you like---we saw a school field trip enjoying their lunches as they travelled. It was also QUIET---we could hear screamers on the tour boats until three in the morning from a nearby hotel.

Posted by
2788 posts

Thank you all for your input - we have taken the night boat cruise before and will probably take it again after eating a nice meal on shore for a lot less money.

Posted by
2053 posts

Don't remember for sure, but if the dinner cruise is not mandatory, we got some kind of nice discount on our Seine boat trip with ...I think... our Museum Pass? Those with better memories may fill you in..perhaps the info was in RS tourbook?

Posted by
61 posts

I haven't ever been on a dinner cruise but my two cents would be skip the dinner part, and eat some real French food not made for tourists in a hole-in-the-wall restaurant, and then take a Bateau Mouche later in the evening. Paris looks amazing from the river at night! I'm sure it would save money to not eat on the boat.

Posted by
16 posts

We just got back from Paris and the Bateau Mouche dinner cruise was wonderful. Our concierge at hotel said local restaurants vie for the cooking. I was skeptical but it turned out to be good food. Bottle of bubbly and wine included. Too much food really.
One memory I will treasure was the perfect table we had on bow, sipping champagne and discovering the delights of fois gras for first time, while watching Eiffel Tower lights twinkle. They had good live music on board also.
I thought whole experience would be hokey and touristy. It was a wee bit. But that's ok sometimes.
If you go, remember dress is more formal than you expect. Hubby was in suit and tie, me in little black dress and heels. Glad we did. It's Paris, dress up for a night.