Please sign in to post.

3 Minute Film from Dachau Tour with Radius Tours on 4 July, 2010

At Rick's recommendation, we took the guided tour of the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial with Radius Tours based in Munich's Hauptbahnhoff. A well-informed, sensitive, excellent guide. We created this three-minute film of what we saw there when we got back home.

Dachau, 4 July, 2010

Posted by
10206 posts

Thank you for posting this Gio. Even though it has been 4 years since I have been there, watching your film brought those intense feelings back as if it was yesterday. We also went on the Radius tour and our guide was fantastic.

Posted by
19092 posts

I went to Dachau last September. Because I was going eventually to the airport that day, I already had a Gesamtnetz Tageskarte, which covered the S-Bahn and bus to/from the Memorial. The bus leaves from in front of the Dachau S-Bahn station and is well marked. The official guided tour of the Memorial was €3,00. No one has ever been able to prove to me that the €21 tour is any better than the €3 tour.

Posted by
32200 posts

Gio,

Nicely done video! I also took a Radius Tour and really felt that it was worthwhile.

One of these days I'll have to figure out how to make video slideshows.

Cheers!

Posted by
586 posts

Thanks so much for the kind words! And I don't disagree with the notion that a meaningful experience can be had without the Radius tour. Dachau is close to Munich, easy to find, and I suspect the guides at the site are excellent. To some extent I think it depends on your own pace at the time of the visit. We had just one non-travel day in Munich, arrived there as our last stop on a two-week journey through Europe, and it was SO nice to let someone else lead the way for the day, for one individual to handle transport details and the guided tour. Under different circumstances, we would have just gone ourselves, too. But for us, on this particular excursion, Radius was worth the price difference.