Please sign in to post.

3 days in Paris

I will be going to Paris from London by Eurostar with my husband. I am looking for a hotel to stay in but not sure which area/hotel is a good choice. Am looking at a 2 star or 3 star hotel. Not exceeding euro 150 per night.Need to book hotel asap. my Eurostar details 04/11 07:55 9008 LONDON ST-PANCRAS PARIS NORD 11:17 04/11 Standard Departs Paris Gare Du Nord at 7:43 on Thursday 7th November Arrives London St Pancras Int'l at 9:00 on Thursday 7th November catch my flight in London London 18:15 PM(07Nov) Heathrow Terminal 3 In Paris, I want to go to these places: Eiffel Tower Galleries Lafayette /Printemps Chanel 31 Rue Cambon Marche St Germain Belle - Epoque departmental store Monoprix Cruise @ famous river Seine Big Ben Musee du Louvre Arc de Triomphe Paris Moulin rouge Panthéon See Mona Lisa in Louvre Museum I am not sure if it is possible to go all this places. Maybe if time not allowed, which places is a must to see. Where are good places for shopping, not too expensive. Waiting for advise
C

Posted by
922 posts

This hotel is in the Rue Cler area which is near the Eiffel tower. A metro stop is close by so you will have ready access to the entire city. http://www.hotel-leveque.com/ If you have 3 full days, you can see everything that you want. I suggest taking the river cruise in the evening. You should also look on-line now for tickets for the Eiffel tower. Good luck!

Posted by
14 posts

I suggest mapping out all of your sites to figure out the best itinerary. Paris can be very confusing to navigate. Regarding Tour Eiffel, if you want to ride the lift to the top, advance tickets are crucial as you don't want to spend hours on queue when you have only 3 days. We did not have tickets, but only wanted to climb the stairs (nearly 700) to the 2nd floor. No wait, and an amazing view. We also stayed in the 7e, at http://www.hotelempereurparis.com/?ald=1_EN_P_hotel+de+l+empereur. Wonderful value & large baths & space by Parisian standards. Nice, quiet neighborhood but close to metro and walkable to many sites. Enjoy!

Posted by
166 posts

In the Summer of 2010, I stayed at the hotel champ de mars in the Rue Cler area, and it was excellent. About a 10 minute walk to the metro and Eiffel Tower, excellent restaurants and cafes. The hotel also has small elevator which can be a life saver if you have a couple of heavy bags. The owners were very nice as well. If you stay there be sure to check out the Ulysses Crepe cafe right down the street. Truly delicious!! http://www.hotelduchampdemars.com/index.php?lang=en Also if you like italian food, right down the street from the hotel is a great little restaurant called La Taverna http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187147-d1475124-Reviews-La_Taverna-Paris_Ile_de_France.html http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187147-d3187707-r149690115-Ulysse_en_Gaule-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

Posted by
20017 posts

With that big list in 2 1/2 days, you will need to use your time wisely. I would stay at a hotel by Gare du Nord. Then you can just walk across the street after you arrive and check in. You may not be able to get your room at 11:30, but they will store your luggage until check in time. When it is time to leave, you just walk across the street to the station. Remember, you have to be checked in 30 minutes before departure. So you need to be in the station by 7 am. There are good transport connections on the Metro there that can get you to all the sights quickly. The Louvre is closed on Tuesday, so that leaves Wednesday. Its open until 21:45 on Wednesday night and will be less crowded. It will take a while to locate the Mona Lisa, and it is crowded, so keep that in mind. By Belle Epoque Department store I think you might be referring to both Printemps and Galleries Lafayette. They are right next to each other.
And I think Big Ben is in London.

Posted by
7025 posts

"Regarding Tour Eiffel, if you want to ride the lift to the top, advance tickets are crucial as you don't want to spend hours on queue when you have only 3 days" Personally, I would not get advance tickets for two reasons: 1. weather in Nov could affect your ability to use your advance tickets to the top (waste of money), and 2. Lines won't be nearly so long in Nov, so it's really not necessary. As the other poster mentioned, mark your sightseeing 'musts' on a map of Paris and plan a logical route and you'll be able to see most of them. Since you won't have a long time for the Louvre I would suggest you enter using the 'carousel' entrance so there won't be much of a line (if any). Also, decide ahead of time what your must sees are, get a map when you enter and head for them directly, then if you have more time you can wander around.

Posted by
4684 posts

It's a long list but a lot of them are only 20-30 minuters in my opinion. As suggested, plot them on a map and plan a route by bus or metro. Take a bit longer for the Seine cruise, the Louvre (at least half a day, I'd say), and maybe the Pantheon and the Eiffel Tower depending on whether you want to just look at the outside or go in/up. Monoprix is a chain store of the kind you can find in any country - nothing that special and I don't think there's any branch of architectural interest.

Posted by
2030 posts

Teo, the Galleries Lafayette / Printemps are Belle-Epoch department stores. Momoprix is a good, reasonably-priced store, there is one on the Champs Elysees, you can walk down to it after you visit the Arc de Triomphe. Big Ben is in London. Along the Rue du Rivoli are many reasonable clothing stores that are very popular and I have always enjoyed shopping at. They are in the general vicinity of the Hotel de Ville. You will see many many shops in Paris wherever you are.
This is a good list, it takes time to get to various places just do what you can and enjoy the city.

Posted by
19 posts

We stayed in the Rue Clear area last month. It's an easy walk to the Eiffel Tower. The best time to go up is in the morning. Go over about 30 or 40 minutes before it opens. You will stand in a line, but it's not too long and you will probably be in one of the first groups on the elevators.

Posted by
129 posts

many hotels are all fully booked on my date. like: hotel-Leveque and other recommendation?
did rick steves recommend any good price and comfortable hotel?

Posted by
3580 posts

I recently stayed at Hotel Palym, near Gare de Lyon. The rate was reasonable and the hotel was good. The area is busy with traffic, but public transit is readily available and the Bastille area is within walking distance. I had not been able to reserve any of my best choices, so settled on H.Palym. Of course all those sites you named are available by bus or metro. I arrived at gare du Nord and took the RER from thereto Gare de Lyon.

Posted by
129 posts

Grand Hôtel Lévêque 29 rue Cler, 07. Invalides - Eiffel Tower, 75007 Paris or 6 Rue Daunou Opera Hotel Rue Daunou, 02. Louvre - Bourse, Paris, France 75002 . advise please!

Posted by
10176 posts

Teo, It would be more efficient for you to stay somewhere between Opera snd Palais Royal, so you would have only a few minutes' walk to the Galeries Lafayettes, Printemps, Chanel, and the Louvre. There are a lot of good hotels in this area on Trip Advisor. Rue Cler is out of the way for everything on your list except the Eiffle Tower. It would waste your limited time. Good idea to merge the Monoprix on the Champs Elysee with the Arc de Triomphe. Food department is in the basement there. By Belle-Epoque deparmental do you mean the Galleries Lafeyette and Printemps or Bon Marche? They are all around the same period.

Posted by
129 posts

I decided to book this hotel. Anyone Stay here before? Is it convenience To place I want to go?
le grand hotel de normandie

Posted by
20017 posts

It's just a couple of blocks from Printemps and Galleries Lafayette. Trip Advisor gives good ratings. Everthing else you can get to by the Metro.

Posted by
123 posts

Make sure you find out when the Louvre is open also see when they do an English speaking tour. They will whisk you around to all the main sights and is so worth it. Rick talks about getting your museum pass ahead of time and also entering through a back door so you don't wait in line. I would also suggest spending an afternoon in Montmartre as a must do, and cheapest souvenirs there. I think you could skip moulin rouge and pantheon if you run out of time.