Please sign in to post.

travel shoes

this question is for women that have to wear a wide shoe because of swelling usually affected by warmer weather. i will be walking alot in france and prefer to find shoes that i don't have to lace.
is there anyone out there that can give me some tips on what to look for, remember i am looking for W or WW and please direct me to fashionable shoes not typical athletic shoes americans wear. i do own a pair of munro which i plan to wear but would like to have a 2nd pair, no sandles or clogs. thank you.

Posted by
223 posts

Sandy,

I have bigger feet (bigger sizes vs. wide) and a girlfriend called me this morning to tell me about a new website specializing in larger/wider women's shoes. It is:

http://www.barefoottess.com/

It is not a travel shoe store specifically, so you'll have to weed through all the designer shoes that aren't meant to be walked on. Also, I didn't look too close this morning, but I found some of the pricing a bit high. However, it might be useful for you so I'm passing it along.

Posted by
206 posts

I also have wide (and tall) feet, and love Munros. I have had good luck with Zappos.com, LL Bean, and Nordstrom. However, I prefer shoes that lace so I can skip lace holes and/or loosen/tighten at will. I would love to hear of other stores!

Posted by
17 posts

thank you for your advice on shoes for wide feet.
i have tried checked the munro brand also.
footsmart.com - catalog has a number of name brands and widths if you are interested. their 800 number is,870-7149 and coward.com 800-362-8400
hope i have been some help to you too.

Posted by
206 posts

Thank you so much for the suggestions! Shoe shopping/fitting is not fun for me, so the more stores, the better. I'm looking forward to finding comfortable, wide shoes for my 2008 trip, and to breaking them in beforehand. :-)

Posted by
3551 posts

Can't beat Nordstrom. thay have a good selection of styles and widths and will fit you well. make sure you wear them a bit bef you leave on your travels. I also like a standard insert orthotic avail at athletic stores. it gives xtra cushioning and prevents blisters when fit well. they cost about $11.

Posted by
852 posts

Sandy, San Antonio Shoes (also known as SAS). I've owned many pairs and my wife has too. They are very well made, quite comfortable and we've never had to "break in" any pair, wearing them all day, every day from the first day out. Contact SAS at....
http://www.sasshoes.com/
Have a great trip!
P.

Posted by
17 posts

thank you very much, i can remember the sas in the 70's and how comfortable they were.
didn't think about them, duh! i also purchased a pair of munro from nordstrom and they can also be purchased through munro.com and they are magnificent. the style i purchased is called jolie i believe.
thank you again, much appreciated.