Please sign in to post.

TRANSPORTATION IN PARIS

WE ARE GOING TO BE IN PARIS FOR FOUR-FIVE DAYS, WE ARRIVE ON THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND WE DEPART ON MONDAY MIDDAY.
WE WILL BE MOSTLY IN THE CENTRE OF PARIS BUT WE WILL ALSO TAKE A TRIP TO VERSAILLES AND A TRIP TO MONMARTE.SO WHICH IS THE BEST WAY TO GO, BY BUS, BY METRO OR SOMETHING ELSE AND WHAT TICKETS TO USE;CARNET, VISITE;THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Posted by
32 posts

We were there for a similar time and our group used mainly carnets on the metro. We did not take the bus although I hear it is nice to be able to see as you travel about. The metro got us around nicely although there was more walking around underground when transferring from one line to another than I anticipated.
WE did a fat tire tour to Versailles; which involved bikes and the train, we thought it was a lot of fun and it was nice having a guide.
Mostly we walked however which is the best way.

Posted by
2 posts

i suppose that we cannot use carnet to go to versailles and monmarte

Posted by
8700 posts

Buy ten-ticket carnets (€11.40) as needed and share the tickets. The new t+ tickets allow for bus transfers up to 90 minutes after boarding the first bus. Montmartre is in zone 1. A ticket from a carnet will get you there.

A ticket to Versailles-Rive Gauche costs €2.90. It will cover all transfers (Metro and/or other RER lines to the RER C line which goes to Versailles-RG). Be aware that the RER C line divides on the west side of Paris. Be sure to get on a train with the nameplate VICK.