Please sign in to post.

Train Travel

I have one more question regarding traveling on the rail. I am a first time traveler in Europe and I am wondering if there are places at the train station that you can store your luggage while you are sightseeing? There will be times during the trip that I am just passing through and would prefer to not sightsee with my bags.

Posted by
121 posts

Lesley - you may need to verify for each station but most major stations will have storage lockers for rent. Specifically what stations are you stopping for sightseeing?
Michelle

Posted by
17 posts

We will be traveling from Frankfurt to Berlin to Salzburg to Munich then back to Frankfurt.

Posted by
121 posts

Salzburg has lockers as does Frankfurt. Not sure about Berlin but it is a major city so most likely will have them. Don't leave your passport or credit cards and valuables in the locker just in case. We used lockers in Munich and in other places with no problems but best to safe than sorry.

Posted by
88 posts

Frankfurt Sued does not have any lockers/luggage storage.

Posted by
8946 posts

Why would Lesley be at Frankfurt Süd if she is taking the train from Frankfurt to Berlin? One gets on the train at the Hauptbahnhof.