Please sign in to post.

Munich hotel recommendations?

We will be in Munich, early August, for 2 nights. 2 adults, 2 young children.

Recommendations for a nonsterile, Rick Steves type place, not far from the train?

Posted by
7209 posts

Stay around the Marienplatz or the Viktualienmarkt. Vastly superior location to the train station. The subway system in Munich seamlessly connects to the airport and main train station as well as the Marienplatz. I would recommend the Hotel Blauer Bock or the Hotel am Viktualienmarkt. Good quality, centrally located near the Marienplatz and Viktualienmarkt, affordable family accomodations. Breakfast is also included at these places.

Posted by
32206 posts

Lisa,

You might have a look at Hotel Uhland. It's a very nice "Rick Steves style" Hotel and the breakfasts are great.

It's only about a 10-15 minute walk from the station (details on their web site), however given the specifics of your group a Taxi would probably be a good idea.

You'd have to contact them to find out if they have any rooms suitable for 2 adults and 2 young children (I believe they have Cots available, so that might be an option?).

Good luck and happy travels!

Posted by
1481 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Blauer Bock already mentioned and liked it. The Hotel Blauer Bock did have rooms for 4.

http://www.hotelblauerbock.de/

However, if you really want to stay near the train station, it is only 15-20 minutes walk or two Ubahn stops from Marienplatz.

Regards, Gary

Posted by
277 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Ludwig with 23 family and friends. It's opposite the train station. We found the toursit hotel staff very friendly, clean, and the location very accessible to the sights. Read several reviews on trip advisor.