Please sign in to post.

Realistic Itinerary?

My husband and I are flying to Amsterdam at the end of June and flying out of Paris on the 13th of July. We will be visiting friends in Amsterdam for a day and then we want to travel through Germany ending in Paris. We have been to Paris previously so the main focus of our trip will be Germany. My question is whether what we have tentatively planned is doable in the time frame that we have or if there is a better route that we should consider. Our plan is:
July 2 - Travvel to Koln by train
July 3 - Travel to Wurzburg and on to Rothenburg
July 4 - Rothenburg
July 5 - Travel to Munich (Should we rent a car and rive the Romantic Road or should we travel by train)
July 6, 7 & 8 - Day trips from Munich
July 9 - Train to Bayeux, France
July 10 - Normandy
July 11 - Train to Paris
July 12 - Free Day and prepare for trip home
July 13 - Fly Home

Ideas and suggestions...

Posted by
32318 posts

Brenda,

Your Itinerary looks reasonably well structured, although there seems to be a few long travel days and a few one night stops.

Regarding the trip from Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Munich, I'd suggest taking the train. You'll still be able to see lots of great scenery, it will be quicker and you'll be save some time by not having to worry about returning the car when you arrive in Munich. Which Hotel are you staying at in Munich?

During your time in Normandy, were you planning on taking any day trips, or just touring the beaches on your own?

Happy travels!

Posted by
11 posts

Thank you for all your suggestions. I am waiting for my maps to arrive so I am not sure of distances and appreciate the idea of taking the train from Rothenburg to Munich which sounds like a great idea. I also like the idea of getting a car in Munich and doing the trip through Austria...

When in Normandy we are planning on using a tour and would like to book with Battlebus... is this a good idea? When in France the last time we didn't get to visit Normandy and would really like to see it this time.

Thanks again for the help.