Please sign in to post.

SWISS PASS VALIDATION

I am planning on purchasing a Swiss Pass for my 11 day trip to Switzerland. After reading through the latest Switzerland guide book, it doesn't state if I can validate the pass in the Zurich Airport train station or must I wait until I arrive at Zurich HB? I plan to use it more than once on my first day in country.

Posted by
7209 posts

The Swiss Rail people are definitely the nicest and most helpful of all rail personnel that I've ever dealt with, and I've trained quite a bit in Switzerland, Italy, France, Germany, Czech

Posted by
45 posts

Hello Robert,
Michael and Tim are right on. Just go to any train ticket window and they will validate your pass. After that you just hop on the train you wish to ride. While you are validating your Swiss Pass and you know your destinations, have them to print out a schedule, that will help you know when you have to make changes,and which platform you need to wait on your next train to ride. You can also print out schedules from their website also.
http://www.sbb.ch/en/index.htm
Gute Reise!

Posted by
9109 posts

Funny story, on my first trip to Switzerland in 1998, I printed out a whole stack of various schedules from the Swiss Rail web site. After just one day in the country, I quickly realized that in Switzerland (and a lot of other countries in Europe) there is always a train going wherever you need to go at least once an hour; and threw out all that paper:)I typically never need to wait for more than 15-20 minutes for any train.