Please sign in to post.

Paris apartment

I am going to Paris in September for 6 weeks and want to rent an apartment in Marais (close to St Paul Metro or Place des Voges).
Can anyone recommend a studio or 1 bedroom apt they have stayed in?
Have trawled all the apartment websites, so not looking for more sites, but looking for a personal recommendation
on an apartment in this area.
Any help appreciated.

Posted by
283 posts

We stayed in an aprtment in the Marias last fall for two weeks, Here is the website:
http://www.paris-vacation-rental.com/paris21.html

It was a great location--easy to walk to Ille St Louis, Marais, etc. It was eqi-distant between two Metro Stations: Bastille and Sully Morland--we used Bastille as it was more direct than Sully Morland. It is close to the big Lenore Food market and the Opera, as well as many shops and restaurants in the Marias, including a Monoprix with a great food store in the basement.

We enjoyed it, but it could use some updating. It met our needs, but the owner is in the US and I don't think his housekeeper really does a great job. The carpet needs replacing, and there were light bulbs out, etc. Also, the TV box was not working, which meant the house phone did not work either. Not a problem for us, as we had cell phones.

That said, we loved the location, it has a nice kitchen (although could use some better pots and pans) and the bath was adequate and had a shower curtain. Also, the owner lives in the US, so he will charge dollars, so you do not lose in the conversion. I just sent him a check.

Take a look at the website--the views are great!

Posted by
504 posts

Also check out historicrentals.com. I rented the apartment on the Rue Rosiers. I really liked the apartment and the location was perfect.