Please sign in to post.

Paris Cooking Class

Has anyone taken a Paris cooking class? I cannot afford Patricia Wells altho her classes look amazing!

Posted by
3 posts

My Mom and I are going to Paris next month for a Mother-Daughter trip. I've signed us up for a cooking class with Eric Fraudeau of Cook'n with Class. I found his name on tripadvisor with many, many 5 star reviews. I'm not sure your budget, but we are doing his morning class for 150 Euro per person. His website is www.cooknwithclass.com. His website is great and very informative. He even has a you tube video link with what to expect during his morning class:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvw_QZxYWHo

You can also search him on tripadvisor to see the many reviews.

Hope this is helpful!

Posted by
11 posts

Thanks, 150 Euro is affordable. I will check it out in trip advisor too. Have fun!

Posted by
711 posts

Lisa... Look up MeetingThe French .com. This is a neat sight that offers a lot of great options. We have never taken their cooking classes, but we have taken tours of bakeries, chocolatiers, artists studios, etc. They are very reasonable. You can have dinner in Parisian's homes and even see the people and their interests online before going.

Posted by
283 posts

Every year, I take a course at Cordon Bleu. Those classes have been some of my best Paris experiences. I recommend the courses were you actually cook, not watch a demonstration. My favorite so far has been Sauces--the Finishing Touch. We made veal stock and fish stock and then made a variety of dishes to take with us when the class was over.

They provide a basic breakfast when you arrive: croissants, coffee, juice. They serve an out of this world lunch with wine and then you get to take the food you cooked. The courses run about 160 euros, and the demos are a little cheaper (125 euros). But you also get three really great meals, so it is a bargain!

I have never been disappointed. Here is the website:

https://www.cordonbleu.edu/index.cfm?fa=ProgramsFrontMod.init&campus=26