Please sign in to post.

Itinery help for Aussies

We are 2 Aussie couples around 50yo and travelling for around 7 weeks in Europe August 2009. I have spent hours reading this website and it’s been a great reading so far, so thank you all. We start in London for 4 days and have to leave from London. (yes I know open jaw more efficient but its already purchased) Then to Paris 3-4 days, train to Switzerland and do a scenic train trip. Then head south to Cinque Terre for 3-4 days. As we head to Rome for 3 days will probably do Venice and Florence along the way. Here’s where I get a bit unsure. We would like to do 1 week in Athens+ Greek Islands and also 1 week on a Croatia cruise out of Split or Dubrovnik on an old sailing ship. The cruises are round trips back to original ports. We then fly back to UK (maybe Manchester) and visit relatives for about 1 week until we leave. This plan is completely changeable except London is fixed. We will travel by train in Europe and car hire in UK, though would be happy to drive in French or Italy countryside. We are also happy to fly between destinations to save time. Should we see fewer places and enjoy a B&B say in France or Italy? Or do you think our longer stops (Croatia, Greece is enough) We like doing stuff like mixing with locals, surf, snorkel or windsurf rather than museums and churches. Perhaps a really nice B&B in the French or Italy countryside. Is Croatia cruise a bit too similar to the Greek islands? Sorry this is so long winded but any comments would be appreciated. Cheers Steve.

There are no replies to this topic.