Please sign in to post.

Barcelona or Lisbon

Hi all,
My husband will be working in Brussels for one week. I would like to take a "side" trip while he works and fly to either Barcelona or Lisbon for a couple of days. The flights from Brussels to Barcelona are cheaper, but wonder if I'll like Lisbon better. Thanks for sharing your experience. (p.s.I've been to Paris five times, been to Bruges, Amsterdam, but I've never been to Spain or Portugal.
Sybil

Posted by
36 posts

Thanks for your help. I've just booked a flight and room in Lisbon.

Posted by
265 posts

Never been to Lisbon. But my favorite city that I have visited in Europe is Barcelona. Why? The place is alive teaming with people, no matter if they're young, old, tourists, or locals. Yes it can be a little frustrating with all the tourists from the cruise ships to really see all the sights the city has to offer. But once they go back to the ships, it really is a beautiful city to enjoy. Besides they're trying to see al the same things you're trying to see.t Unless you want to really get lost and hang out with some of the locals. Right now we're planning on visiting our family in Asturias and I'm planning a side trip there for a couple of days there. I can't wait to go back to BCN again.

Posted by
6788 posts

Both cities are great. You can't go wrong with either one. You'll love Lisbon.