Please sign in to post.

Transportation from CDG to Paris

What is the easiest way to get from CDG to Paris? We arrive at 12:30pm and we will be staying by the Pantheon.
I looked into a shuttle and they want around $110.00 for a one way trip. Thanks for your help
Gary & Kelly

Posted by
360 posts

$110 for a shuttle?? How many are traveling with you? If you can all fit in one taxi that might be the cheapest - certainly the easiest. It's direct & doesn't make stops like a shuttle does. A taxi would be about $50-70 I think. Others will know the current costs. If you're up to a lot of walking, the RER might be the cheapest way to your hotel & not too hard on you. Since you're staying by the Pantheon, RER line B from CDG is convenient for you. I travel alone, so prefer Roissy bus/metro which is convenient to my hotel. If I traveled with others, I'd take a taxi.

Posted by
157 posts

RER is by far the easiest and least expensive way.

There is a RER Stop at Luxembourg, which should be close to your hotel.

Only issue is at some of the stations,and I'm not sure about Luxemboug,the steps can make handling multiple pieces of luggage a real pain.

Posted by
35 posts

Last year my daughter had I used the Paris Shuttle and it was not expensive and it was very convenient. Their website is: http://www.parishuttle.com/. They picked us up right at the terminal and dropped us off right at our hotel. Plus we got a wonderful tour of Paris! The drivers speak English.
If you are new to Paris, taking the train/Metro can be overwhelming especially if you have been flying through the night and are jet lagged. Some Metro stations have many flights of stairs and carrying luggage can be a problem.

Posted by
8700 posts

If you're packing light, the RER is the way to go. For detailed instructions, includng photos, go here. The fare is €8.40 and includes unlimited transfers until you exit the system.

If the Cardinal Lemoine metro station is closer to your hotel than the Luxembourg RER station, you could take the RER B to St-Michel Notre-Dame, walk through the tunnels to the Cluny-La Sorbonne metro station, and take metro line 10 to Cardinal Lemoine. Follow the "correspondance" (connections) signs.

Is the price you quoted for a private shuttle? If you share a shuttle with other passengers, the fare should be a lot less.

Posted by
101 posts

Just saw this post. Back in September we took a taxi both ways from CDG to the Latin Quarter [right by the Paris Mosque]. Travelled off peak times [1000hrs coming in to Paris and 1500hrs going out] and we paid total of 42 euros each way total including tip for two of us and two large suitcases.
Took approx 30-40 minutes I believe. Was quick and comfortable.
Hope this helps
Pete

Posted by
32200 posts

Gary,

Which airport shuttle service quoted such an outrageous price? Are you travelling with a large group or huge amounts of luggage? Was the price quoted in Euros or US dollars?

Check Rick's France or Paris books for the listings of reliable airport shuttle services (as I recall, there are at least two firms providing this service). I just checked www.airport-shuttle.com/ and they quote a price of Eu$19.90 per person.

Happy travels!

Posted by
8293 posts

Even a taxi from CDG to your hotel should cost not more than 50 euro.