Please sign in to post.

Salzburg - Hotel Zur Goldenen Ente or Hotel Weisse Taube - HELP!!

We've received a lot of great feedback on where to stay in Salzburg and we've pretty much narrowed our choices down to these 2 hotels.

Would appreciate opinions on each and why you would stay there, as opposed to the other.

Thanks!

Posted by
40 posts

Hi Greg,
Our family of 5 stayed at Zur Goldene Ente this past summer in the top floor family apartment and loved it. The hotel feels more like a guest house. It is on a quiet, winding pedestrian street, lined with shops. The staff were extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful. The room was large, bright, comfortable, clean and well furnished. The breakfast room was pleasant, with a good variety of quality options and a wonderful hostess. The downstairs restaurant was delicious, reasonably priced, and had great service. The location in the heart of old town was perfect. I have nothing negative to say about Zur Goldene Ente; I recommend it wholeheartedly.

Posted by
62 posts

I have not stayed in either hotel but considered both before making a reservation with Weisse Taube. I liked location of hotel on this side of Old town, both are in old town which I wanted on this trip. We stayed on the other side of river last visit.Here is a link: www.europeby.com/weisse-taube
look under photo gallery and you can see if it appeals to you.

Posted by
186 posts

Thanks for all replies. We chose Weisse Taube and are sooo looking forward to being in City Center Salzburg. Anyone interested in info can contact me after the trip. Be glad to help. Cheers!

Posted by
2 posts

I stayed at the Weisse Taube last December. I had a single room and thought it was large for Europe. My window overlooked the cobbled street in front. I loved this hotel. It is charming and cozy, not modern or luxurious. The price was good, and the location was great. It has an old world feel, lots of dark wood. I felt very comfortable there and would stay there again in a minute.