Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Berlin

A friend and I are going to Berlin December 8-13 for Christmas Festival and would like a recommendation for a centrally-located hotel with comfortable rooms for two people. We are active seniors and will want to walk to many of the sights, so a more central location is best.

Posted by
8948 posts

Try www.berlin-bed.com for a huge selection of pensions, B&B or apts. If you really want a hotel though, try www.hrs.com

It is easy to check availability and location on either one of these websites and the prices are easy on the wallet.

Posted by
221 posts

use the ETBD book, we stayed in a recommended hotel not far from the train station run by a Swedish couple next to a park. it was very, very clean and reasonably priced.

Posted by
4 posts

What is the ETBD book. I am not familiar.
Thanks.
Kathleen

Posted by
10344 posts

Kathleen: ETBD is Rick's general travel skills book: Europe Through the Back Door, latest edition published a couple of weeks ago, you can get it at bookstores or by clicking above on Guidebooks. But Chere above may have been referring to Rick's Germany & Austria book, which lists specific accommodations, which the ETBD book does not do as it addresses general travel skills but gives few if any specific accommodations recommendations.

Posted by
3250 posts

The hotel run by a Swedish couple mentioned in a previous is probably Pension Peters--we stayed there in March and it is very clean and in a great location near public transportation. Here's their website:

Pension Peters Berlin

Posted by
9 posts

We were very happy with the location of our hotel in Berlin. We stayed Sept 25-27. Good price for the location, breakfast extra (we were never there for breakfast though so I don't know if it's any good). We had an apartment with two twin beds and a small kitchen. The only weird thing was no phone in the room.

http://www.en.gaestehaus-berlin-mitte.de/

Posted by
41 posts

We too are going to Berlin first 2 weeks in December...can't wait! and decided to stay at the
Ibis Hotel. We have stayed at many of their hotels in London and France and it is perfect for us and not expensive at all. We have never been disapointed.