Please sign in to post.

Berlin

We are taking a weekend in Berlin in early October with our young adult children as a side trip from Prague. Any recommendations on what area to stay and where? We are used to all staying in one room.

Posted by
43 posts

Hi Ellen,

Look at the Hotel Pension Bregenz just off the Ku-dam. The owners seem extremely nice through their email correspondence. From the website, I gather they have a little boy as well. The rooms are very reasonable priced and is top-rated on Tripdadvisor.

Posted by
8948 posts

www.berlin-bed.com
This is a Berlin apt. rental website. I used them last spring for a weekend with my daughter and couldn't be happier. We had an apt. all to ourselves with kitchen and everything for 48 € per night. I like the ease of checking the availability on the website, finding whatever amenities I prefer, and the neighborhoods too. After picking out an apt. they contact you, send the email address of the landlord and after you return home they ask you to review the apt and the service. It worked so easily and saved me a ton of money.

Posted by
3250 posts

We liked staying near the Savignyplatz and Bahnhof Zoo area--it's location makes it easy to get anywhere in the city using public transportation. Our hotel in that area was Pension Peters. Our nephew was traveling with us so we reserved the family room--a large room that worked well for the three of us--not sure about the configuration for 4 but you could check with them--they're wonderfully helpful. You can see a picture of the Family Room on their website. We loved Berlin and stayed 5 days but could have spent more time.

Pension Peters