Please sign in to post.

Le Passport to Versailles

Where do we purchase the Versailles' one day pass, "Le Passport"?

Is "Le Passport" still available or has it been renamed as "Forfait Loisirs Château de Versailles Semaine/weekend"?

We intend to go on Sep 20, and the website from Forfait Loisirs Château de Versailles seem to indicate we can't use this on Sep 20.

Does any anyone know?

Posted by
11507 posts

Cyndi, have no idea about Sept 20, but I can't see a a problem, it is a Sat. so the ticket will cost more because it is the Fountian and Music show day ( every weekend is ) . I would check the Versailles website to see if there is something special on that day that is going on? I did pop over there and saw no problem??

You don't need to order the Forfait Losirs ahead. I wouldn't anyways.
We used it this summer. We just went to the rer station and bought it from the cashier.
I thought it was very convienent, it is the first time I used on, I had been before and just used to get my ticket at Versailles. You get to line skip with the pass, and everything is included.

Posted by
8700 posts

"Le Passeport" is just an admission pass. The "Forfait Loisirs" combines an admission pass with roundtrip transportation on the Metro and RER.

Posted by
9 posts

I just got back 2 weeks ago and visited Versalles with Le Passport purchased from the Les Invalides train station. It included the train in both directions and, of course, includes both the Palace and the Gardens.

The Passport allows you to skip the "Purchase ticket" line but not the entry line, so you will still want to allow time for standing in line.

I went on Friday, August 15, paid for the "weekend pass" but discovered that the fountains were not turned on until 15:30 (3:30 pm). If you adjust your plans to go on a Friday, you should keep this in mind. I was making my way out of the Gardens at 15:30 when the fountains were turned on. I stuck around for a while to see a few of them, but did not retrace my steps to see them all. If you go on a Friday, go later in the day when the fountains will be on.