Please sign in to post.

Accomodations in Amsterdam?

Looking for a nice reasonably priced small hotel in Amsterdam

Posted by
10344 posts

Go here Europe hotelsselect Hotels tab at top, go to left box, input your dates etc., check the box Michelin Guide recommendations, and hit Search. If the resulting 30 are too expensive, uncheck the Michelin recommendations box.

Posted by
9422 posts

We just stayed at the Hotel Toren, a RS recommended hotel, and liked it very much.

Posted by
4 posts

Hi Mary! My sister and I stayed at the Hotel Clemens last year when we were in Amsterdam. The location was great, the breakfast fabulous and the room clean and reasonable. The room was very small but that didn't bother us as we weren't there much! The staff was very friendly and helpful. I will warn you though.....you need to climb a rather large flight of stairs to get to the hotel. Their website is Clemenshotel.com. Email me if you'd like!

Posted by
21 posts

We stayed at Boogaard's B&B last May. Absolutely fantastic location, breakfasts & owners! The B&B is within walking distance of the train station. Here's the website: www.boogaardsbnb.com

Posted by
875 posts

We stayed at the t'Hotel on Leliegracht, just a couple of blocks from the Anne Frank house. Small hotel...very nice.

Posted by
14 posts

I always stay at the Hotel Heemskerk located behind the Concertgebouw. It is short walk to leidseplien and very near Van Gogh museum and Rijksmuseum. Tram stops are just outside the door. Like most dutch hotels there are stairs to climb and rooms are european size. Owner Norman lives in the hotel. www.hotelheemskerk.nl

Posted by
8293 posts

We like the Owl Hotel. It is small, reasonable and within waling distance of the museums. owl-hotel.nl

Posted by
2023 posts

Maes B&B gets many favorable comments and looks very nice from the website. It is on my list for my next trip to Amsterdam. We did not like Keizerhof on our last trip--sharing a toilet with 4 other rooms did not appeal.

Posted by
33 posts

We just stayed at the Hotel Nova, beautiful location...We didn't reserve in advance, but at the airport in AMS we contacted them and got a quad room for 82 E a night..It used to be in the Rick Steves books....

Posted by
964 posts

Hi Mary,
I always use booking.com for hotels in Amsterdam- they have lots of choice.

Posted by
360 posts

I stayed at the Wiechmann Hotel on Prinsengracht last fall. The room is fine & the hotel staff was great. Although you're a few blocks from the tram, it's walking distance to most of the sights with lots of good shopping & restaurants in the area.

Posted by
2365 posts

I liked the RS recommended Hotel Brouwer (see Here). 60 euro for a single/95 double, includes breakfast. Not four star by any stretch, but the small rooms were comfortable for me. It's on the Singel canal, about 10-15 minute walk from the central station. Decent neighborhood. Booking is done by email. They only have eight rooms and they fill fast, so if you know your dates email soon.

Posted by
818 posts

LOVED Hotel Brouwer. Was there last year and it was perfect. This time it was all booked (and I emailed about 6 months prior). We are booked at a B&B - The Flying Pancake (which we found through Tripadvisor.com). It looks nice as do the other highly recommended B&Bs.

Posted by
2091 posts

In 2005 we stayed at Hotel Maas in Amsterdam we enjoyed as was well located. We had a triple at the back though with a terrible "view". For our 2009 trip we decided to try Haarlem (which is just a short train ride away)at Amadeus Hotel. We decided to check out Haarlem because my husband and I really enjoy the smaller towns.

Posted by
43 posts

We stayed in an apartment owned by the same guys that own the Maes B&B. We had originally wanted to book with Maes B&B but they were full so they graciously offered to rent us one of their apartments. (I believe the own all of them in the building but don't quote me on it.) The price was very reasonably, apartment was awesome (canal house right on the water), and the owners were so nice. We would definitely go back there! We were able to buy great food at the grocery store (so much tastier than here in the US) and eat breakfast and some lunches in the apartment.