Please sign in to post.

Luggage Storage in Paris

We are arriving in Paris Thurs am 6:55 and it now looks like we will not be able to check in to our apartment in Le Marias til some time in the afternoon.
We have shuttle pick up from airport that can drop us anywhere we decide on.
Question- can we store our luggage at Gare Du Nord?
Lockers? and if so- do they only take coins and how big are they?
My daughter will have a rather large rolling duffle as she is staying in Europe for school.
Thanks-

Posted by
8700 posts

According to www.parisinfo.com, Gare du Nord has a staffed left-luggage office, not lockers. The size of your daughter's rolling duffle should not be an issue.

Posted by
12 posts

Thanks for the quick reply!

Would Gare Du Nord be the best place?
I see Gare de l'Est has lockers- but the size of her bag concerns me!

Posted by
8700 posts

You're welcome. Gare de l'Est is virtually right next door to Gare du Nord so storing your luggage there doesn't really get you any closer to Le Marais. I'd play it safe and use Gare du Nord.

Posted by
12 posts

Thanks Tim- this has really thrown a wrench in to my well laid plans.

Now I am wondering if we should just head to Versailles this day- return by 3 or 4 and check in to apt then?
Figure the train ride might be a bit of rest- since I don't think we'll get much sleep on plane.

Originally had planned to check in 9-10 am and do Notre Dame, Historic Walk, etc for a few hours, then the Open Tour hop on/hop off bus til we are pooped.

Thoughts?

Posted by
8700 posts

Hi, Christine. I've been out of town for a few days so this is my first chance to respond to your last post. I haven't been to Versailles myself, but I think that you'd enjoy it more if you were rested. Why not drop your luggage off at Gare du Nord and then proceed with your visit to Notre Dame, etc.? Walking is a good way to fight jet lag. However, I would recommend skipping the OpenTour and riding bus #69 for its full route instead. It would be a more cost effective use of your limited time on your first day. Either buy a carnet of ten t+ tickets (€11.40) and share them with your daughter or buy two zone 1-2 Mobilis passes (€5.80/pass). Get on and off the bus as you please. Here is a link to a zoomable map of the route.

Posted by
118 posts

Why not email your apartment and ask if you can store your luggage there. My wife and I have done this several times and makes things easier when you are ready to check in.

Posted by
12 posts

Again thanks all for your help.
I was able to contact the owner and we can leave our luggage at apt in the AM Yeah!

Think I will just stick with orig plan- Historic Walk and whatever else we can handle til bed time.
My thought was to get the 2 day Open Tour bus- but looks like rain is in the forecast so #69 might work better. Going to play that by ear.