Please sign in to post.

Paris at Christmas

Because my 18-yr-old daughter will be away at school in Europe, my husband and I have decided to meet her in Paris over the Christmas holidays. We have travelled quite a bit around the globe, but this will be our first time in Paris. We are looking for a nice place to stay that won't break the budget. Because it is Christmas, we would like a little charm but that seems to cost tons of money. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced place to stay (130 euros or under per night for three people) with a little charm in a good location? Also, any suggestions about what we should do at Christmas? Thank you!

Posted by
10544 posts

My husband & I are taking our 20-year-old daughter for the holidays and we are renting a one bedroom apartment in the Latin Quarter. I found it on VRBO and the woman who owns it lives in the U.S. I am paying her in dollars and it is a very reasonable price. Much less than a hotel room. Hotel rooms in Paris tend to be small (at least the one we had was!) and my experience in the countries I have traveled to is that rooms with two double, queen or whatever sized beds are not the norm. We stayed in the Rue Cler area before, but frankly I think it would be a bit boring for a young adult. That's why we chose the 5th this time. It will be an easy walk or metro trip to where we want to go and there is plenty of stuff going on there. There is another apartment rental company that I can't remember the name of that is based in the U.S. and you pay in dollars. It is hit and miss with VRBO. Good luck.