Please sign in to post.

2010 Oberammergau Passion Play

Would anyone recommend watching/attending the 2010 Oberammergau Passion Play in Bavaria this year?

Posted by
9110 posts

Tickets are undoubtedly long-gone. But yes, it's worth it.

Posted by
9363 posts

Tickets are still available, but only as part of a lodging/show package. As for whether it's worth it or not, I'm not sure I would want to sit through several hours of a play in German, no matter what the subject. Then again, I live in a community that annually stages the longest running American Passion Play (this will be its 83rd year, I believe) so it's not that unique for me.

Posted by
2 posts

I ordered a single ticket, as part of a two day package, on January 29th and had no trouble getting a ticket and accommodation. Both my parents have previously attended and although long thought that it was spectacular.

Posted by
1525 posts

Sorry for the diversion to your question, but we will be in the area this summer and would like to see the town but NOT the passion play. Would the tourist crush brought on by the play make the town unbearable to visit? Or would the casual tourist not likely notice the difference between 2010 and any other non-passion-play year?

Posted by
30 posts

My husband and I are going to the play this September as part of the 2 day package and can't wait. I know some German and my husband knows none. We know the story of the Passion Play and history behind it is amazing. We are very excited to be able to see this once every 10 years show.

Posted by
8 posts

We attended the play on July 16, 2010. Because we learned of the Passion Play one week before our departure to Europe; we could not purchase any tickets. I read that tickets were available at the ticket office. So with prayer and trust in our Lord, we headed off to Oberammergau from Munich on July 16th. We arrived in Oberammergau without hotel reservations or paly tickets (not recommended for people that need a for sure thing). We went with faith and all of our needs were met.

The play was incredible and I am glad that we were able to attend the play!

Posted by
1633 posts

Janet, did you buy the tickets at the window or did you scalp them?