Please sign in to post.

2 days in paris

what should I hit in 2 days in paris?

Posted by
515 posts

Here is an Paris expert's intenirary I found: Day One: Classic Paris •Breakfast: Le Mouffetard OR Le Pain Quotidien •Latin Quarter Stroll: •Rue Mouffetard •Pantheon •Sorbonne University •Jardin du Luxembourg OR National Medieval Museum •Lunch: Le Balzar Afternoon: •Notre Dame Cathedral •Classic Museums: The Louvre OR Musee d'Orsay •Champs-Elysées and the Arc du Triomphe •The Eiffel Tower Evening •Dinner: Eiffel Tower Restaurants OR Cafe de l'Alma •Bateaux Mouches Paris boat tour Day Two: The Dynamic Right Bank Morning: •Breakfast: Aux Delices de Saint-Paul •Walking Tour of the Marais •"Beaubourg" and the Centre Pompidou •Lunch: Chez Georges OR La Quincambosse Afternoon: •Canal Saint-Martin •The Belleville Neighborhood •Montmartre Evening:
•Dinner and show at the Moulin Rouge, OR dinner and cabaret at A la Bonne Franquette

Posted by
10189 posts

What a comprehensive list for such a short time! It sounds good except for the second afternoon. I'm not sure Canal Saint-Martin and Belleville should be priorities when you have only two days. I used to live near there, and although it's up and coming, it's still has a long way to go. How about Place de la Bastille, the Opera Bastille, the Opera Garnier, Tuleries, Jardin des Plantes, Parc Monsouris, Parc Monceau, the department stores, the food stores at Galeries Lafayettes and Bon Marche, and a lot more. Also be sure you check the menus at all the restaurants. The Tour Eiffel restaurant and Chez Georges on the top of the Pompidou Center are particularly high-priced and time consuming.

Posted by
9420 posts

Top of my list: Walk all around Ile St. Louis (little island east of Notre Dame), Ile de la Cite (where Notre Dame is), west along the river to Place de la Concorde, then back to Notre Dame on the other side of the river. Luxembourg Gardens... walking, sitting and eating/coffee at the cafe by the bandstand Sitting at an outdoor cafe eating or having coffee