Please sign in to post.

2 days in Paris

I only have 2 days to spend in Paris. What should I see and where is a good, "cheap" place to stay? Arriving and departing by train.

Posted by
80 posts

My husband and I will be in Paris in Sept. and we have booked 2 nights a the Hotel Royal Phare, one of the hotels in Rick Steve's guidebook. Paris is very expensive, I think our room will cost 70+ euros a night. Try hostels if you need to go really cheap.

Posted by
9420 posts

I have to disagree with the statement "Paris is very expensive." Compared to Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, etc, Paris hotels are very inexpensive.

Posted by
124 posts

When are you going to Paris and where are you arriving from by train? That may influence what you do.

I like to stay in the Rue Cler area, in the 7ieme arrondisement, as described by Rick Steves in his book. I did the 7 Days in Paris tour and stayed in the Hotel Londres Eiffel, a short walk to the Eiffel Tower.

Last week, I stayed at the Hotel Kensington near the Ecole Militaire Metro stop for 57 Euro, plus 6 Euro for breakfast. Not fancy, but it was clean with a single bed, bathroom with shower and a view of the Eiffel Tower when I leaned out the window. It's listed in the RS Paris book and I booked it using email. Danielle is very helpful giving directions as well.

There is the Marais district, near the Place de la Bastille and the Place du Republique. I have stayed at Hotel Castex and Hotel St Louis Bastille, both close to Metro stops, listed in RS Paris tour book.

What you see depends on your interests - art, architecture, history, food - all in abundance in Paris.

Posted by
4 posts

For plans based on your particular interest, I like Rick's suggestions. I also use a book called "Open Road's Best of Paris" by Andy Herbach. It has several day plans based on different interests (like Impressionist art, food, neighborhoods). Best of Paris also has some great walks through Paris.