Please sign in to post.

honeymoon trip...

a friend of mine is going on a european trip ,25 days for her honeymoon.....she is starting and hoping to end her/their trip in munich ,shes flying from the middle east, and has asked me to help suggesting romantic places to visit whilst taking in about 6 different countries...im not sure whether she wants to fly or take trains....but she hasnt specified ....any help would be great......

Posted by
6 posts

yes,i kinda guessed that...thanx tho....xxx

i was thinking more about which route she would take?

Posted by
9363 posts

Before we can suggest a route or a mode of transportation, we have to have a better idea of where they want to go. Once they narrow down some places that they would like to see, perhaps we can help sort it out. Maybe she could take a look at some tour itineraries to get an idea of what is reasonable during what timeframe. (And you did ask for suggestions of romantic places to visit, not routing information.)

Posted by
6 posts

yes i know i did...didnt realise ..i was not trying to come across as rude in my reply bt now ive looked at it ,its looking that way...lol

the thing is,they have asked me to plan the trip because i live in europe....and have travelled quite a bit but its proving a bit much for me ,so i thought i would ask on here...

its ok if its too difficult to answer,i understand.the only thing i can tell you is she mentioned venice,france and italy...

Posted by
9363 posts

France and Italy are big countries with lots to see. You mentioned that they want to see 6 different countries. You're going to have to get more specific information from them before you can get much assistance here, sorry. Maybe she could talk to a travel agent who could suggest some places?

Posted by
4555 posts

Caroline....we can't "assume" that she wants to go to Paris and Venice....after all, you asked for suggestions for romantic places she could visit. I would suggest she offer something a little more concrete than that...then better suggestions can be offered. If she's flying in from the middle east to Munich, a circle up to the north, back down through France and into Italy would probably be a good rough itinerary.....but whether she flies or trains will depend, in the end, on which places she wants to visit.

Posted by
6 posts

she told me that she does want to go to france ,venice and italy(as mentioned above)....x

a rough itinerary would be just great to start with,i dont want to shirk my duties altogether...lol

its just ive seen such great detailed advice on here i thought it would be a start.....thanx....x

Posted by
4132 posts

I find it hard to give advice about what to see and do with zero information about tastes and preferences.

That leaves logistics, and the first thing I would suggest is to lose the return to Munich.

Start there, by all means, if it's a priority, but fly home from whatever city on the itinerary that is farthest from the start. It's called an "open jaws" ticket and it saves time and money.

Posted by
6 posts

yes i was going to suggest an open jaws ticket but the flight back to munich is essential.....they are finishing and starting the journey visiting family,in munich....

all i know is they are not too fussy about the inbetween bits and are looking for a kind of romantic adventure.she said part of the excitement is not knowing the planned itinerary.....

i'm sorry if its proving to be so difficult......i didnt realise.....x