Please sign in to post.

Germany & Czech Railpass

Hi; I want to travel in August, landing in Frankfurt, use the train to travel up the Rhine, not as far as Koln and use the KD Line. I then want to use the Deutsch Bahn to Berlin to meet a tour group. The tour ends in Prague, where I would take the train back to Frankfurt with a possible one night stop in Nurenberg. Would the Select Pass (Germany/Czech Republic) be appropriate for this? One website (Euro-Rail?) seemed to indicate the pass is only good for travel into the Czech Republic from Germany. Other information stated that only a First Class Pass can be used. Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted by
19232 posts

First thing, although Frankfurt to Köln is generally northward, it is down the Rhein.

A Select pass is a Eurail pass (covers 3-5 countries) but the Czech Republic is not one of the countries included in the Select pass. There is a Czech Republic-Germany pass, but it is a Regional pass, not a Select pass. It IS valid for travel in the Czech Republic.

If you were traveling from Munich to Prague, the Czech-German pass would cover your entire trip, but if you were coming to Prague from Poland, the pass would only cover your travel in the C.R. You would need a P2P ticket to cover your travel in Poland.

The only adult Czech Republic-Germany pass sold for 1st class, but can be used in 2nd class if you really want to. There is no adult 2nd class pass. There is a youth pass which is only valid in 2nd class.