Please sign in to post.

Germany Car rental

Hi everyone!

Would you please recommend a car rental agency or website to rent a car in Germany. I want a car for 4 days. I'll pick it up in Wurzburg and drop it off in Munich, I will be crossing Austria for a day and come back to Munich. Your recommendation would be greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Posted by
2906 posts

Hi Gil,

From Frankfurt last year we rented through...

www.gemut.com

and were very pleased and everything went perfect.

From Munich 2 years ago we rented through...

www.travelocity.com

and everything went smooth as well.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Posted by
34 posts

I have used Gemut.com as well for a rental in Austria. Very good service. I chose them due to the many recommendations I had read from various travel forums.

Posted by
264 posts

I had a terrible experience with Sixt in Germany. I purchased a car with Sat Nav. When I realized 10 minutes into the trip I needed to load a CD, I found out the CD was missing from the case. Every other country OTHER than germany was available. In the next town with a Sixt we stopped in and explained. They dismissed us right away and said there was nothing they could do. They did not even offer to call the original site to see if they had it. Looking at a card in the glove compartment a note was made that the CD was missing yet they rented it again.

Buyer beware I guess.

Oh and I had to call 3 times afterwards to get a partial refund. To their credit they did give a partial refund on the third try

Posted by
5 posts

autoeurope.com, they are very good, reasonable rates, and you can cancel at any time with no penalty.