Please sign in to post.

long term rentals

So my husband and I are considering taking one month in the summer and staying in ONE place...Valencia, Spain; Bologna, Italy; Provence, France...are all possibilities. Has anyone done this and how did you find your flat, villa, home to rent? thanks... Donna

Posted by
2030 posts

Lucky you!

Try www.vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owner) Has places everywhere in the world. Good pictures and descriptions. I've sucessfully used them twice. Will again.

Posted by
1 posts

Hi Donna:
I rented an apartment for the summer in Pisa, Italy: The 500-year-old city of Pisa is not a tourist town (away from the area immediately around the Leaning Tower, that is) - it's a university town. (And cheaper to stay in than the "tourist towns" like Florence and Lucca. But the main reason to stay in Pisa is that it's the railway hub of western Tuscany - with easy day trips by train to Florence, Siena, San Gimignano, Lucca and the Cinque Terre. (The availability of easy day trips is very important when you're staying in one place - ie. in an apartment.) You can also make day trips to the Ligurian Coast (eg. Portofino) from Pisa (a longer day trip). But taking the train from Pisa to Milan, Italian Lakes, Venice and Rome requires a stay of at least 1 night at the destination (preferably 2 nights) - but it's great to be able to leave your luggage safely in the apartment while away. Apt. website: www. behindthetower.com: or e-mail me for more info: dlflurrie@yahoo.com

David

Posted by
7 posts

I, too, have used VRBO with good success. Last summer, I used www.homelidays.com to rent a house in Bedoin in northern Provence and was quite satisfied. I envy you! Enjoy!