Please sign in to post.

Barcelona Airport Transportation

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding taking a shuttle or taxi from the Barcelona Airport into the City? We're staying at a hotel on La Rambla not far from Placa de Catalunya and we're wondering if anyone can recommend a reputable company and what to expect for the fare. Thanks.

Posted by
14 posts

2 yrs ago we took the airport bus to Placa de Catalunya. RS Spain 2006 says you can also take the train to Placa Cat. I would double check current info on the website, but I imagine those 2 options are still available. I would stick with the public transportation as it will be a lot cheaper and is very reliable.

Posted by
1455 posts

As Cathy posted there is a bus that takes you from the airport to the heart of the city. It runs frequently, and takes off as soon as its full.

The taxi will cost you around $26-30 euros, depending on the time of day, and traffic.

Check out www.maribelsguides.com. She had good tips on the bus, the cost, and what to do

Posted by
68 posts

Last May we took the big blue Aerobus. Very cheap and took under 1 hour to Placa de Catalunya. I tried to do RS tip by using the self serve ticket machine without luck; just paid the driver like rest of passengers. On the way back to airport took the Aerobus again but it took 90 minutes in morning rush hour traffic. But we still made our flight to Granada, no problem.

Posted by
123 posts

Thanks everyone. We'll give these options a try.

Posted by
10 posts

This is advice for leaving city. If your flight leaving is really early, buses don't start until 5:30am. We had to use a taxi from our hotel (Hotel Continental Palacete) on Las Ramblas Catalunya at 5:00am and it cost us 35 euros total which included 2 large suitcases (extra fees (2.10 euros a bag)for luggage). Our flight was at 7:00am and we felt it was too close a call waiting for that 5:30 bus. The Aerobus stops right in the center of plaza so be prepared to walk with luggage if you take it. If not sure where your hotel is, wandering around with luggage is not fun. Time of day is crucial in BCN, traffic can be brutal and really add up on a taxi fare. We took taxis when our feet were very tired and using that tourist hop off and on bus was fantastic the days we had tickets for it!