Please sign in to post.

Critique My Itinerary

Please critique my itineray. We are hoping that ours days will not be jam packed so we have time to relax and enjoy our vacation. Please let me know if we are doing too much as this is my first time in Europe.

Day 1: Arrive to paris at 1400. Dinner, eiffle tower, sleep

Day 2: St. Chapelle, Notre-dame, Latin Quarter, Pantheon. At night, Seine River Cruise

Day 3: Louvre in Am, Champs-Elysses (maybe take taxi), Arc de Triomph (to the top), Eiffle tower day viewing. Leave to Airport at Approximately 1500 (IS THIS TOO BUSY??)

Day 4: Caesars Shuffle: Palatine hill, Collosseum, Forum, Capitoline hill, Mamertine prision, Tajans forum, Pantheon. If time at night go to Spanish steps and/or trevi Fountain

day 5: Angle tour of Vatican city. If time go to spanish steps or trrevi fountain.

Day 6: Leave in Early am to capri. In capri rent boat for 2 hours and see blue grotto, and mount solaro

Day 7: relax in am then leave to Vernazza

Day 8, 9, 10: Hiking, and relaxing

Day 11: Leave to venice. wander veince, Rialto Bridge Gondola Cruise at night, Maybe st. Marks quare at night.

Day 12: St. Marks Square, St. Marks Basilica, Doges Palace, campanile bell tower, Frari Church. Leave at 1930 on Plane for Frankfurt

Day 13: Frankfurt City

Day 14: Husband: Formula 1. Me: Heidleberg

Day 15: Husband Formula 1, Me: Rhine Cruise

Day 16: Back to Paris. Empty Day in Paris. Any ideas?? Maybe Sacre-Coeur, Moulin Rouge, Shopping, Walk along Sein river, Shopping????

Day 17: Versailles (Garden, palace, apollo fountain, canal, etc). Do you suggest a tour or do this ourselves?????

Day 18: Home

Posted by
12040 posts

You won't fit the Louvre, Eiffel Tower and Arch de Triomphe in one day and still make the airport by 1500, especially if you plan to travel in the summer. If you buy the Museum Pass and arrive at the Louvre first thing in the morning, you may be able to fit in one of the other two destinations, but even that is a bit tight. Otherwise, the rest of the non-Italian parts of the trip look pretty reasonable. I'll let someone who knows more about Italy comment about it.

Posted by
632 posts

Sarah,

I think you are trying to do too much but everyone has their own agenda, however, I really think you are giving Vernazza more time than it warrants in light of how much time you are spending in Rome and Venice. If it were me, I'd toss Vernazza and add time to Venice and Rome.

Posted by
10344 posts

Day 3 is too busy, work back from 2 hrs before plane departure (1300), plus allow time required to get to airport, and you'll see how much time you actually have that morning.

My opinion only, but 3 full days/4 nights in the CT and no full days/1 night in Venice seems out of balance (evening of day 11 & partial day 12 in Venice).

Posted by
52 posts

The reason I chose to spend that short amount of time in Venice is becuause my husband has been before and hated Venice. I really want to see some of the sites but am trying to comprimise with him. We decided to only spend 2 days in Rome because I was told by a few people that any more days can be very exhausting. I don't know. I totally agree with too jam packed in day 3 in Paris. I will have to go over my itinerary again. Thanks.

Posted by
632 posts

Sarah,

Get a new husband!

You won't stay married to anyone who truly hates Venice, so give him a chance to "discover Venice" or ditch him now before you've invested too much in him.

Posted by
59 posts

Sarah,
I understand the need to compromise as everyone is "into" different places. I fell in love with Venice, but my husband didn't care for it and would have rather spent those 2 nights in the CT (we were there for 4 nights. Everyone's different!

I would say that you could eliminate a night in the CT and add it either to the beginning of your trip in Paris, or in Rome. (Don't get me wrong, I loved the CT and we are going back again, 9 months later!) But I think if you eliminate a night to add it to another place, you wouldn't miss it.

Enjoy!