Please sign in to post.

Interlaken to Munich

I will traveling from Interlaken on May 22 and need to get to Munich by May 24th any suggestions on another town in between to stay. I want to see Neuschwanstein so I figured I would do that during this time as well.

Posted by
6898 posts

I see 6 trains leaving Interlaken Ost on 5/22 between 8:00am and 10:00am. They all take slightly different routes to Munich. The runs vary between 6.5hrs - 8.0hrs. and require anywhere fromm 1-3 train changes depending on the run. There's a nice run leaving at 11:01 that has two train changes (Thun and Zurich). This run takes 6.5hrs.

CLICK HERE to see the Swiss train site. You'll need to enter Interlaken Ost in the FROM field, Munich in the TO field and of course the date and time. Use 10:00am for the time. Then press the SEARCH CONNECTION button. You'll see several runs.

Posted by
35 posts

Thanks for the train info. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a neat town to stop in for 2 nights in between Interlaken and Munich.

Posted by
12040 posts

About halfway between the two, consider Lindau on the Bodensee. Its a gorgeous little resort town that sits on an island just off the mainland. Visit here and you will probably be the only American in sight.