Please sign in to post.

14th July

We want to see the fireworks. Will we be able to see them if we have a picnic near Les Invalides?

Posted by
1525 posts

You don't want to be on the Champ de Mars with everyone else?

I'm sure you could see some fireworks from other locations, but the show is designed to be seen WITH the tower, in it's entirety (not just the top). Last year the tower, itself was as interesting as the fireworks with special light projected on the surface.

We had a picnic on a patch of gravel right next to the grass on the Champ de Mars. Goth there at 6PM and the grass was full with concert-goers, but our area was empty. By 8PM our area was full, too.

Posted by
25 posts

Actually, last year, I was on the lawn of Les Invalides and the view was fine. We couldn't see the bottom of the tower, but the show was great. And there were DEFINITELY plenty of other people there with us. Just be aware of the crush of people if you're taking the Metro back to your hotel afterward, it's frenzied, for sure.

Posted by
85 posts

Thank you both for your comments. We are staying in the Latin Quarter so maybe we will just walk down there after dinner to see the fireworks and then walk home after.

Posted by
68 posts

I understand that viewing the fireworks from the hill on which the Pantheon sits is a good view. I will try it this year; we're heading to Paris on July 8th.