Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre

May I have recommendations for a campground in the Cinque Terre area that can take a smaller motorhome? If there is one, how far a walk or transit is it to one of the towns? Thank you!

Posted by
60 posts

Charlene, I don't think I can help you with that, but if you post your question in the "To the Boot" forum instead of this one you will probably get some good answers.

I have read before that there are some apparently random places - not designated campgrounds - where motorhomes congregate. Not sure if that's the way it still is.

Posted by
10344 posts

I'm looking at a detailed hiking map of the Cinque Terre that shows campgrounds and I don't see anything along the roads. You could check at viamichelin.com or perhaps you can google and find a motorhome website that would answer your question. The Cinque Terre roads are not the kind of roads where you would expect to see motorhome sites. Maybe Levanto to the north of La Spezia to the south of the CT?

Posted by
6898 posts

I can't believe that there are any such areas in the CT. With very limited exceptions, even tourist cars are not permitted in the 5 towns. Forget RVs and motorhomes. I do see campgrounds further to the northwest in Liguria but they are not within 90 minutes of the CT.