Please sign in to post.

connection time at heathrow

my wife and i fly into heathrom from chicago on monday morning. we will transit from terminal 3 to terminal 5. we have a 2:05 hour layover...does this seem like enough time to transit? we will only have carryon baggage and are not opposed to running if we have to!

Posted by
23 posts

Based on reviews I have read about Heathrow, I'd say this is cutting it close! We flew Prague to Heathrow/Heathrow to Los Angeles on British Airways (3 hour layover) thru Terminal 1. If our flight to London from Prague had not flown thru Terminal 1, we would've flown to London the day before. I would run, just to make sure you make your connection!

Posted by
3313 posts

If you are connecting on the same carrier, you should be OK - assuming your plane arrives on schedule.

Posted by
19 posts

Yikes, wear your running shoes.

If more than one international flight is landing at the same time passport control can take a while. When you're through there, ask someone for help for the fastest way to get where you're going and don't waste one second of time.

Good luck!

Posted by
964 posts

Hi Brian,
As I'm sure you have seen in the news, Terminal 5 has been a disaster since it opened last week.

Better check with your airline as so many flights have been cancelled.
Good luck!

Posted by
108 posts

If you're connecting to the same airline you may be ok but otherwise forget it. You can google connection times at heathrow and there's a link that will give you the minimum time required. Also check directly with the airline. Terminal 5 is having huge opening problems right now.