Please sign in to post.

places to stay in cinque terre

Looking for a place to stay in late June in the cinque terre.
Might consider staying in one of the towns one night and moving on to another town the next night.

Posted by
223 posts

It seems that everyone has a favorite village. I like staying in Riomaggiore. We rent an apartment through Mar Mar Rooms. Rick's Italy guide book has the contact information. You really can't go wrong with any of the villages (even Corniglia) and Rick has never led us astray with his recommendations for "sleeping".

Posted by
59 posts

Peg,

The towns are so close together it's really not worth staying in more than one town.

We chose Monterosso for our base last year, and we were happy we did. More places to eat at night, more things to do at night, etc. My personal favorite town was Manarola- but we are returning this year and staying in Monterosso again, just because of convenience.

We stayed at Villa Steno and are staying there again this year. Amazing balcony views!

Posted by
20 posts

If you are considering Manarola, I stayed at Da Baranin Bed & Breakfast. It was a little bit of a trek up a hill to get to but we were rewarded with absolutely stunning views from our balcony. Also reasonably priced and huge rooms. Ours had two queens and a twin--far more than we needed!