Please sign in to post.

Hostels

I'm taking a four week trip throughout Europe. These hostels have been suggested. Has anyone stayed in these? Do you recommend?
LONDON-Piccadilly Backpackers, PARIS-Aloha, BARCELONA-Gothic Point,IBIZA-Adelino, BERLIN-Gernerator, ROME-Youth Station, VIENNA- Meininger City, PRAGUE-Travellers Hostel & Pension Dlouha, AMSTERDAM- Stayokay
Julie

Posted by
1158 posts

I didn't stay in any of these hostels , but here is what you can do.Go on hostels.com or hostelworld.com and try to find each of these hostels and read the reviews. Also I used tripadvisor.com to read reviews.

Posted by
427 posts

would not reccommennd picadilly hostel centrally located but a dump. paris hostels are not great try alower priced hotel. in rome book at the beehive its great across from rail station ive stayed here and would go back. vienna - hostel ruthensteiner. research all these on the net.

Posted by
191 posts

ok so I haven't stayed in many of these places, but I will be in May and have done alot of research, and from what I know most of these are bad!

I recomend starting by going to www.hostelz.com, find ones with high ratings and then head to www.tripadvisor.com to check out reviews. Some of the hostels you have on your list I don't think I'd even let my dog stay in! www.hostelz.com is good because when you click on a hostel in the info section it gives you a direct link to the hostel website, try not to book on a hostel site such as hostelworld.com always try to book directly with the hostel. From what I know these are the good hostels

London: Ace or Globetrotter

Paris: MIJE Hostel with three locations best in Paris

Barcelona: I've heard good things baout Gothic Point

Berlin: Circus

Rome: Beehive, I stayed here and it is probably one of the best hostels in all of europe they fill quickly so book early

Vienna: Wombats, or Hostel Ruthensteiner

cont...

Posted by
191 posts

Prague: Miss Sophies or Rosemary Rooms

Amsterdam: Aivengo Youth Hostel

As I mentioned check out hostelz.com first then compare with reviews at tripadvisor.com

If you have more questions let me know.

Posted by
258 posts

I agree with the others that you should check out hostels on hostelworld.com or TripAdvisor. This greatly helped me pick which hostels to stay at last fall.

London - I stayed in Meininger Hostel and it was very nice. It was clean, you had room card keys for each person, there was a really nice breakfast including meats & cheeses. I was looking to return this May but they are booked up :(

Paris - Auberge Internationale des Jeunes hostel. You cannot book this online, but need to send a fax to them. The website is www.aijparis.com. It has good ratings on TripAdvisor (but is not on hostelworld.com or any of those since you cannot book online). It is simple, but very clean. It is in the Bastille area and near a couple restaurants/pubs, a grocery store, etc. There are a couple Metros nearby, but is a nice walk to downtown Paris.

Vienna - Meininger again. I stayed there very shortly after they opened. It is clean and new and near a shopping district and the metro.

Posted by
258 posts

Okay continued...

Prague - I ended up staying at Guesthouse Lida. It is highly recommended by Rick and by others on this website. I thought it was worth a little splurge to stay here as compared to a hostel to end my trip.

Posted by
82 posts

I agree with the others. Go to hostelz.com, hostelworld.com.... and you can find hundreds of reviews and comments. You'll find a lot more than here. You can definitely do better than the Piccadilly Backpackers in London. The location is great but the rest is not nice from what I've seen/heard.