Please sign in to post.

Lake Como to Munich

We will be leaving Lake Como on a Monday and have to be in Munich, 2 days later, on Wednesday. We would like to travel, during that short time, through Switzerland. Any ideas on the best route? Thanks!

Posted by
1455 posts

I took the train from Lake Como to Munich. The night train left at 7 or 8 pm, and arrived Munich the next day at 10 am on Bahn train, and I was able to book it online. So its possible for a 1 day trip.

Since you want to stop in Switzerland, you can arrange a day train, which does stop.

Posted by
3 posts

does anyone know which train route is more scenic: ~ Como - Zurich - Munich or ~ Como - Verona - Munich ?

Posted by
3098 posts

I would go Como ( Varenna) to Tirano, ride the Bernina Express to Pontresina ( overnight) then go to Zurich and Munich from there.

Posted by
3098 posts

Check the SBB website for schedules. There may be only one train a day directly from Zurich to Munich, I'm not sure. But it isn't hard to do a route with a change along the way. And if you want a shorter journey the second day you can stay closer to Zurich, maybe in Chur. But Pontresina is in the mountains.