Please sign in to post.

Eurorail Pass

I will be traveling from Zurich to Nurnenberg and then want to travel to Denmark. The Eurrail Select pass allows me to do this - 5 days, 3 countries, 2 months for $469USD. Is this the way to go?????
Help!

Posted by
6898 posts

It depends on where else you may need to travel from Denmark. If just the two train journeys, point-to-point will be much less expensive. Zurich to Nurenburg is about 73Euro ($110). Nurenberg to Copenhagen is about $200. Point-to-point is way lower than a pass at this point.

Posted by
26 posts

Is the $200 from Nurnenberg to Denmark one way? I need to get back to Nurnenberg.

Posted by
6898 posts

It's one-way. All fares above are one-way. That's why I asked where you needed to go from Denmark. It all needs to go into the estimate to see if a 3-country pass will save you money. LS

Posted by
8700 posts

If you book far enough in advance (up to 90 days allowed) at www.bahn.de, you can get discount fares. Zuerich-Nurenberg requires a change in Stuttgart. Book each leg separately to get the discount fare on the Stuttgart-Nurenberg leg.

The Europa-Spezial Daenmark fare on day routes from Nurenberg to Koebenhavn can be as little as 39€. SparNight fares on the direct night train can be as little as 29€ (reclining seat). However, for both comfort and security book at least a bunk in a six-person couchette.

Check the timetables and fares at www.bahn.de. After you get summary timetables for a particular route, click on "Details for all" to see the connecting points, if any.