Please sign in to post.

Day trip from Munich

I will be in Munich for 3 days, 2 nights and was curious if I should stay there because its short or try a day trip. This is after 5 days in Paris and 5 days in Berlin. Should I goto the castles in the area (bavaria) or take a day trip to Salzburg? Is Salzburg worth a day trip or better to save for another time?

Posted by
206 posts

actually, its in may and your starting to make it seem less desirable, i might hold off, because im planning an eastern europe trip in 09 and will be in vienna anyway

Posted by
591 posts

After Paris & Berlin, you'll probably be ready to relax a bit and just enjoy Munich. Salzburg deserves a couple days to really enjoy. Neuschwanstein Castle is fun to visit, but half of your day trip would be used up just getting there and back.
A trip out to Versailles from Paris, and another trip out to Potsdam from Berlin should give you a sufficient experience of castles/palaces until your next trip.

Posted by
2907 posts

Hi Bryan,

If your interested in Ludwig's castles, Neues Schloss (Herrenchiemsee) is just one hour from Munich. Amazing place! It's a great afternoon out which takes in a short boat trip on the Chiemsee to get to the castle/palace. Beautiful lake with the Alps as a backdrop.

www.herren-chiemsee.de/englisch/n_palace/index.htm

Paul

Posted by
28 posts

Bryan - I loved the day trip I took to Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. I went with a tour (Grey Line) and everything was planned out for me which allowed me to enjoy the day and not have to worry about arranging any travel. I really enjoyed it and would highly recommend going!